Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Really Exciting News. Seriously.

For the past 6 months or so, I've had a small lump in my right hand. 

It hurts occasionally and sometimes makes my hand tingly so I finally decided to get it checked out. Given my medical history, it could have been anything. Needless to say, I was a little nervous.

When we went to the doctor's he felt around for awhile, and then got a very serious look on his face. He told me it could be one of two things, then changed the topic! So here I am thinking I have a life-threatening issue and he's asking me about where I go to school. I swear, doctors are just mean human beings.

Finally after feeling around a little bit more, he tells me that I have a tumor, but it's completely benign. He wasn't worried about it at all, and said it was probably caused by fatty cells in my hand. We're going to monitor it over time, but if nothing changes, I'll probably live with it for the rest of my life.

As soon as I found out, I knew I had to tell all of my amazing followers. You all have been such an amazing support system for me in everything else, and I just wanted to share this great news! Thanks so much for being there for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it is nothing serious. I hope it stays the same size and does not continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!