Friday, January 27, 2012

Homemade Pizza Pockets



Last night, my mom decided it was "Pinterest Recipe Night." We all found recipes that looked most delicious (or in my case, the easiest), and got to work.
Here is the inspiration for my project. I modified it for my own likings, of course.

Ingredients:
Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
Pizza Sauce or Alfredo Sauce
Cheese (I used Kraft Five Cheeses)
Pepperonis
Any other toppings you'd like!

What to Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Flour the countertops.
3. Roll out one biscuit round. I used a wheat and the Southern Style.
4. Add the sauce. (Alfredo or pizza, I made two separate kinds and they both rocked!)
5. Add a generous amount of cheese. I used Kraft 5 cheeses and yum!!
6. Add pepperonis and whatever other toppings you'd like.
7. Fold the pockets over and press around the edges with a fork.
8. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bubbles start to form.
They turned out amazing and I had such a fun time making them. They'd be perfect to let the kids help!

PS Here's the cookies my sister made. I couldn't not post the hilarious picture!
They have s'mores on the inside which is why it's so ginormous! We couldn't take more than 2 bites without getting full. They were so rich!

8 comments:

  1. you're right!! those cookies are a full serving of meal if i do say so myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my favorite meals and it makes a great lunch for my husband! holy cow those cookies are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love things like these!! :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love things like these!! :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I love things like these!! :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen these before, but they look amazing. I'm going to have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!
    Putting these on my "to make" list :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!