Monday, September 17, 2012

Calm Through the Storm

Everyone has had storms in their life. Whether it be a move, job hunting, a death in the family, or running out of coffee. ;)





I'm currently going through what feels like 8 storms. Perhaps that's an exaggeration, but with all the stress I have, I'm sticking with 8. I'm not on here today to talk about my storms though. I'm here to talk about what to do when you're facing a storm.

Yesterday, we had Pastor Chris Hodges speak at my church. If you've never heard the man preach, I strongly suggest downloading some podcasts or something. He's fantastic. After our church had announced some heartbreaking news, he spoke on grief and how to keep calm during life's storms.

Pastor Hodges was explaining the storms he's had in the past two years, losing his father-in-law, his father, and his mother-in-law in such a short amount of time. He also discussed what verses and passages helped him through it. I'm sharing them with you lovely followers, because they help in all circumstances.

1 Corinthians 1:7-9 (The Message)
Just think- you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside you to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

2 Corinthians 13:11-13 (The Message)
And that's about it, friends. Be cheerful. Keep things in good repair. Keep your spirits up. Think in harmony. Be agreeable. Do all that, and the God of love and peace will be with you for sure. Greet one another with a holy embrace. All the brothers and sisters here say hello.

Pastor Hodges also mentioned that in the storms of life, it's sometimes best to listen to worship music and just be in His presence. This is something I've started doing more and more often, and I'd love to share just a few of my favorite songs with you.





What about you? How do you keep calm during your storms? Any favorite worships songs I should know about? I'm always open to more suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!