Thursday, November 8, 2012

Best Homemade Hot Chocolate


I have been searching high and low for the perfect homemade hot chocolate recipe, especially just for one serving. Whenever I'm craving it, I'm almost always in my pj's, and going to the store is out of the question. I found a great recipe online, and had to tweak it just a little bit. Here's the original recipe. And my tweaks:


Directions:
1. Mix cocoa, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan at a very low heat, somewhere between 1 and 2. Make sure you are stirring constantly at this point. It will become very thick.
2. After about 2 minutes, add the milk and flavoring of choice.
I chose hazelnut, and it was so yummy! You could use mint, almond, strawberry, coconut (totally want to try this one!), peppermint, vanilla, or pretty much anything. Only use a dash though, it can get strong quickly!
3. Turn the heat up to about 5-6, and heat it up until you are in love with the temperature. :)
4. Enjoy your homemade hot chocolate!

As easy as can be? Heck yeah. I can't wait for winter to try all of these flavors!

6 comments:

  1. mmmm yummy! I've been wanting hot chocolate lately since I ran out of k-cups for it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is the same thing that happened to me! This one is seriously so worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. mmm I've been craving hot chocolate - need to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!