Monday, March 26, 2012

I Liked Owls Before They Were Hip

I have always loved owls. They fascinated me in elementary school, and I am in love with the owl trend right now. It's way too fun. Anyways, this caused for a bit of an awkward moment in my childhood.

Everyone remember this cute little fella?
Every time I saw a Hooters commercial, I fell in love with the cute owl and really wanted to go visit. Little did I know about the actual natures of these restaurants.
One day we're on a roadtrip (as most of my childhood stories could start) and we're coming up on an exit. Dad asks where we want to stop to eat and I get really excited when I see a Hooters. I thought this was finally my chance to go. I enthusiastically tell my family that I want to go to Hooters because I love the owl so much. After everyone has a good chuckle at my expense, they tell me that no, we can't go to Hooters. There was no kind of explanation or anything, since I was probably 5 or 6. Just a big no. It was a heart breaking moment for me, but I'm sure I got over it pretty quickly. I have still never been to a Hooters and probably never will!

3 comments:

  1. That is a funny story. I have also never been to hooters and probably never will because I tend to prefer to visit non chain restaurants. I am all about supporting local businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I love owls too, I have a necklace that I wear all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Oh my! I had a similar experience! I wanted to WORK there because of the owl. I told my dad once (I remember we were in the grocery store and there was like frozen wings from Hooters). He said I couldn't. I was slightly upset. Hahaha. So I definitely understand the power of that darn owl on a little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!