Let's be for realsies here, this holiday season kinda snuck up on me. And I definitely don't have the time (or patience) to join the last minute shoppers in the same boat as me. So let's say you're in the same boat. Have a graphic designer you're shopping for? Here's some hopefully good tips as to things they (or me, hint hint mom) might want this holiday season! And the best part? Everything I'll list will be available for immediate download OR Amazon Prime. Not that I'm promoting them, but let's be real, you shell out the money for it every year too.
1. What's the easiest gift you can get anyone ever? A gift card! I know people complain about how impersonal they are, but what about a gift card to a font website? Like this one here. Let them choose a gift that they've been lusting over, trying to justify spending another $30 on fonts.
2. Something to help them learn a new skill! || $26
3. Then once they've mastered that skill, they can do all the hand lettering their hearts desire with a Wacom tablet! They can vary in price and function, but the one listed here is $60. If they don't already have one, it's definitely on their wishlist. || $60+
4. Anything with the word Pantone on it. Literally. || Prices vary.
5. I have heard nothing but great things about the artist, Austin Kleon! These books are a must read for anyone in the field. || Less than $7 each.
6. A subscription to GraphicStock.com. I just discovered this beauty and went slightly nuts in the 7 day free trial. They can download SO many royalty-free (and non-crappy!) graphics that they can reuse time and time again! (Or an Etsy gift card can be a cheaper alternative.) || $49/month
7. An external hard drive. There is nothing worse than losing a finished piece of work. They'll never have to worry about missing another deadline from losing work. || $50+
8. This Kate Spade notebook is enough to make any designer swoon. I don't know what it is about ampersands, but they have us captivated. || $16
Have anything to add to the list? Leave a comment below!