Friday, January 24, 2014

My Mindy Project: Week 4

Hello again, I'm on week 4 of "My Mindy Project", where I'll be working my way through Mindy Kaling's 50 Questions I Ask When I Want to Talk About Myself:

My card for the week talks about how men can effortlessly get out of bed and walk out the door, which can be true, as long as they know how to dress.

And the question is:
"Think of the typical things that women do to look good for men (wearing Spanx, waxing, spending $200 on highlights four times a year). If you could inflict any single grooming ritual on a man, what would it be?"
Maybe not a grooming ritual, but I think 90% of men need a better wardrobe. Or maybe just the men in my life. I don't understand what's so hard about a button down and dark pair of boot cut jeans. Let's definitely go on some basic rules of thumb:
  • Take anything Ed Hardy, and throw it out the door.
  • Get pants that cover your butt. No one wants to see your boxers.
  • Slim fitting sweaters are hawt.
  • Anything that sparkles or has embellishments, get rid of.
  • Find clothes that fit in the shoulders, jackets included. If it doesn't fit in the shoulders, it doesn't fit.
  • There is a time and place for sports clothing.
  • Hats? Throw them away. Fedoras, baseball, anything.
That's a pretty good start. What about you? Any rules for dressing your man?

1 comment:

  1. I would just love if my fiance was more understanding about how long it takes me to get pretty for him! Lol. He always says "You're not going to prom, what's taking so long?! Hurry up!". He just doesn't get it. I would love for a man to have to take care of their hair the way a woman does. Coloring it, highlighting it, doing repair masks, using all of the hair care products/shampoo/conditioner, all of the heat styling, etc. just for one day! I also wish they realized how long it takes to do a good job on our makeup. I basically let my fiance pick out his own clothes but I definitely suggest what I think looks good and I ALWAYS tell him if something doesn't match or looks hideous. Lol! I'm a first time visitor to your blog and I really like it. Let me know if you'd like to follow each other via GFC. :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment on my blog. I enjoy and read each one of your sweet comments!