My card for the week talks about how men can effortlessly get out of bed and walk out the door, which can be true, as long as they know how to dress.
And the question is:
"Think of the typical things that women do to look good for men (wearing Spanx, waxing, spending $200 on highlights four times a year). If you could inflict any single grooming ritual on a man, what would it be?"
Maybe not a grooming ritual, but I think 90% of men need a better wardrobe. Or maybe just the men in my life. I don't understand what's so hard about a button down and dark pair of boot cut jeans. Let's definitely go on some basic rules of thumb:
- Take anything Ed Hardy, and throw it out the door.
- Get pants that cover your butt. No one wants to see your boxers.
- Slim fitting sweaters are hawt.
- Anything that sparkles or has embellishments, get rid of.
- Find clothes that fit in the shoulders, jackets included. If it doesn't fit in the shoulders, it doesn't fit.
- There is a time and place for sports clothing.
- Hats? Throw them away. Fedoras, baseball, anything.
That's a pretty good start. What about you? Any rules for dressing your man?