2011 was perfect.
I learned so much about myself in ways I could have never imagined. I moved halfway across the country by myself (only to have the parents follow me a few months later). I fell in love again. I matured in ways I could never explain. I started working out. I started blogging. I "learned" how to sew. I started working full time (and it kicks my butt everyday). I learned to cook. I made amazing and wonderful new friends (who love Mean Girls as much as I do!). I volunteered at my church. I met my favorite band. I started a real savings account. I started reading more. I learned a very tiny amount of html (Can you tell?).
I laughed, I cried, I hurt, and I (unintentionally) hurt others. It has made me who I am, and I wouldn't take one second of it back.
All in all, I am so much prouder of the person that I have become. I'm very different than I was in 2010 and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store! Hopefully, most of the following!
Who couldn't love Calvin and Hobbes?
- Go back to school. I am absolutely loathing this year off.
- Try at least 10 new recipes from Pinterest, especially slow cooker ones.
- Travel. Travel. Travel. I have become obsessed with the idea of traveling lately. Thinking about changing my major so I can just travel the globe the rest of my life.
- Get my own apartment for actual alone time before the rest of my life begins.
- Buy all the wonderful seasons of Home Improvement... And an iPad.
- Sew at least 5 skirts (or at least finish the first one).
- Read at least 10 of the books I downloaded.
- Get an amazing new job that I love. I'm currently in the application process for getting a job on a cruise ship. And by in the application process, I mean that I haven't even finished my resumé.
- Do a complete clean and back up of my MacBook. It's been running ridiculously slow and I don't want it to die on me!
- Ride a Ferris Wheel. I am terrified of heights, and I hate almost any type of theme park ride, but it has always been my dream. We can probably thank The Notebook for that one.
I have no idea how many of these will actually get done, but I feel like they're a little realistic. Just a little bit of saving and crafting. Wish me luck!